St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Stations of the Cross Rosary

This chaplet of the Way of the Cross was granted to Vincentian Order by Popes Pius IX and X. Later it was withdrawn by the Holy Office (1912), since the indulgences can be gained by using the crucifix alone.

It is somewhat of a misnomer to call this a rosary. To the sick and to others who cannot go to a church to make the Way of the Cross the Holy See has given the privilege of gaining the indulgences attached to the Way of the Cross by holding in their hand a specially indulgenced crucifix and saying the prescribed prayers, the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory be 20 times.  ~http://www.rosaryandchaplets.com/chaplets/stations_of_cross_prayer.html

Are you unable to make the Stations of the Cross at your local parish?  You might want to consider praying the stations on this lovely Stations of the Cross "Rosary".  For those who are unfamiliar with this form of the devotion, as I was,  I will post the prayers below.

Pray the Stations of the Cross Rosary using the method below:

BEGIN ON THE CRUCIFIX

Make the Sign of the Cross and say the Apostles’ Creed

NEXT FIVE BEADS

Say the Act of Contrition, the Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be. On the last pray the Prayer to Jesus Christ Crucified:
My good and dear Jesus, I kneel before you, asking you most earnestly to engrave upon my heart a deep and lively faith, hope, and charity, with true repentance for my sins, and a firm resolve to make amends. As I reflect upon your five wounds, and dwell upon them with deep compassion and grief, I recall, good Jesus, the words the prophet David spoke long ago concerning yourself: ‘They have pierced my hands and my feet; they have counted all my bones!'
+
BEFORE EACH STATION

Pray the prayer attributed to St. Francis of Assisi:
We adore You, O Christ, and we praise You, because by Your Holy Cross You have redeemed the world.
+
EACH SET OF 3 BEADS

Meditate on each Station and pray:
Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be
+
CLOSING PRAYER 


Lord Jesus Christ, your passion and death is the sacrifice that unites earth and heaven and reconciles all people to you. May we who have faithfully reflected on these mysteries follow in your steps and so come to share your glory in heaven where you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

No comments: