St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Thank You, Lord





Thank You, Lord…..

Just this once, Lord, I want to come to You without problems and simply to say “thank You”.


Thank You…

--for Your forgiveness when I fail,
--for the sheer joy of sleep when I’m terribly tired,
--for the silent strength of humility when pride overtakes me,
--for the justice of Your laws when men are cruel,
--for the remedies for sickness when I am ill,
--for the simplicity of orderliness when I face confusion,
--for the assurance that You have made a place especially for me when I feel inadequate among my peers,
--for the joy of helping others when I see people in need,
--for the earthly evidences of your will when I’m trying to find out what life is all about,
--for the reality of Your world when I stray too far into fantasy,
--for reasonableness when I panic too quickly,
--for the fun that refreshes when everything gets too serious, and
--for renewal in moments of silence when I’m dizzy being busy in a hectic world.


Thank You, Lord, for all these things; but most of all, thank You for Your abiding presence that makes every day I live a day of thanks.

~Concord Aug 2016 p. 13

No comments: