St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

An Examination of Conscience...



I was reading my copy of The Magnificat Year of Mercy Companion when I came across the reading for September 28, 2016.  The whole article was very good, but I am only going to quote the last section which reminds me of the fact that Mother Mary always wants to help us...we only have to ask.  So we ask her to help us make a proper and thorough examination of conscience:

.--Show me where and how I worship idols of power, fame, possessions
--Show me where and how I seek my selfish desires, my advantage, my convenience.
--Show me where and how I long to control, to possess, to use others.
--Show me where and how my heart lusts after food, sex comfort.
--Show me where and how my mind judges boasts, condemns.
--Show me where and how I loathe I harm, I hate myself, my neighbors, and you, my God
               ~by: Father Eric Cadin; The Magnificat Year of Mercy Companion p. 372


No comments: