St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Take Up Your Cross...


Observe that we gain more in a single day by trials which come to us from God and our neighbor, than we would in ten years by penances and other exercises, which we take up of ourselves.
                                                                                                         ~St Teresa

Jesus, my Divine Master, thank You for Your great gift of Your suffering and death on the cross.  You have shown me the way which I must follow.  I must take up my cross and follow You, but how do I know what crosses I must take up and which I can ask to have removed?  The penances and other exercises I might choose for myself could, potentially, feed into my own ego, rather than adjust what truly needs to be worked on in my life, while those that come from You either directly, or through my neighbor are tailored to my needs. If they are not what I would choose they are, even so, more beneficial to me since they come from the God Who knows me so well and loves me regardless.  Help me Jesus Master to be grateful for the sufferings you alleviate as well as for those you allow to remain.  May they be for Your greater glory and honor and for the greater sanctification of as many souls as possible, including my own.


No comments: