St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Friday, May 8, 2020

I Am the Way, the Truth and the Life




Today's Gospel is such a wonderful passage.  It is such a Pauline Bible verse. Jesus reveals His all inclusive name, stating that He Is the Way, the Truth and the Life.  Blessed James Alberione chose this title to be specially honored in our Pauline family because it is the one Christ gives Himself and it covers everything that He is, not just one aspect.  I love that and I always get a little chill when this reading comes up. 

John 14:1-6

1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God, trust also in me.
2 In my Father's house there are many places to live in; otherwise I would have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you,
3 and after I have gone and prepared you a place, I shall return to take you to myself, so that you may be with me where I am.
4 You know the way to the place where I am going.
5 Thomas said, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?'
6 Jesus said: I am the Way; I am Truth and Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

No comments: