St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Live the Way You Pray

LIVE THE WAY YOU PRAY

From: CONCORD (November, 2010) Published by the HOLY FAMILY INSTITUE
9531 Akron Canfield Rd. Canfield OH 44406
www.live365com/stations/305819 (radio)




I knelt to pray when day was done,
And prayed: "Oh, Lord, bless everyone;
Lift from each saddened heart the pain
And let the sick be well again."
And then I awoke another day
And carelessly went on my way.


The whole day long I did not try
To wipe a tear from any eye:
I did not try to share the load
Of any brother on the road:
I did not even go to see
The sick man just next door to me.


Yet once again when day was done,
I prayed: "Oh, Lord, bless everyone."
But as I prayed, into my ear
There came a voice that whispered clear,
"Pause, hypocrite, before you pray;
Whom have you tried to bless today?


"God's sweetest blessings always go
By hands that serve him here below."
And then I hid my face and cried,
"Forgive me, God, for I have lied;
Let me but live another day,
And I will live the way I pray."

























No comments: