St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Saturday, March 26, 2011

More Lenten Prayers

I found this beautiful image on the Internet.

This is another prayer that is very Lenten (and very Pauline), but can be used at any time at all.

FR. ALBERIONE'S PRAYER IN TIME OF SUFFERING

O, my most sweet Jesus, I ask You for the most perfect love: love of the cross. Not of those heroic crosses whose splendor only feeds my self-love, but of those daily crosses of which life is full and which we meet every hour on our journey: contradictions, feeling left to one side, failure, prejudice, the coldness and impatience of some, the refusals and contempt of others, bodily ills, mental darkness, the silence and the dryness of our hearts. When these things happen to me it is only then that You will know that I love You--even if I do not know it myself or feel it. Crosses, my Lord, with no "buts" and no exceptions! In me and in everything that concerns me, let Your will be perfectly done. Make my heart be courageous enough to suffer, to bear patiently, even to love what disgusts me. And not to complain.

Amen


No comments: