St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 29, 2014 With Blessed Father Alberione and With Father Tom

Friday, August 29
THE PASSION OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST
OF THE DAY
1 Cor 1: 17-25
Ps 33: 1-11
Mk 6: 17-29

Divine works are like a pyramid that has its top at the bottom (that is, the human means) and its base that is, God) at the top. With nothing human, it is God who works and produces the wonders of His wisdom and power: and that because man has put himself in his right place "of myself I can do nothing, with God I can do all;" in humility and faith one has worked and prayed, prayed and worked (SP Sep-Oct 1953).


From Father Tom: The Founder here quotes an example of God's work and ours which is represented by an inverted pyramid: when things go well, we are at the point of the pyramid where nothing much can happen, while the base is in this case at the top where God acts freely and powerfully. The old Pauline phrase expresses it well: by myself I can do nothing; with God I can do everything.


Please Pray for Our Deceased: Sr. M. Thomasina Morelli PD (1989)--Sr. Bianca Giordano FSP (2000)--Fr. Stefano Cane SSP (2000)--Sr. M. Antonietta Marazza FSP (2001)--Bro Manuel Regueiro SSP (2004)--Sr. Luiza Sonego FSP (2011)--Richard Halcomb (2011)

No comments: