St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Love Letter Written to Jesus After Reception of the Eucharist

Sacerdosalterchristus
(A love letter written to Jesus after the reception of the Eucharist)

O Sacrament Most Holy
O Sacrament Most Adorable
O Most Lovable, Most Loving Lord,
I love You not as You Deserve.
*
On my own, I am unable
To achieve such heights of Love.
O Love, O Loving One,
Most Adorable
And Most Gracious,
Grant me a portion of Your Love
To make my own
To then return to You.
*
Such Degradation I have not known,
Such that You have taken on,
First upon the Cross
For the sins of the unworthy,
Then daily upon the Altar
Within the Host
Within the Hearts
Of those still unworthy of Your Love.
*
May the Earth ring out.
May the Angels sing praise.
May my heart
And those of the faithful
And the unfaithful
Declare the Greatness
Of One so loving
So worthy
So under-appreciated by all.
*
Sweet Mother Mary,
Help me praise Him.
Dear Guardian Angel,
Help me to lift my whole heart
To declare love of Him
Who loves me so much.
O Saints of Heaven,
Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Help me to show love of Him
By living His Love,
His Mercy,
His Joy,
In this, the life given to me.
~anonymous

No comments: