St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

It's November: Please Pray for the Holy Souls



Happy Feast of All Saints! November is the month dedicated to the faithful departed. November 1st is All Saints Day and November 2nd is All Souls day If you would like to say a special prayer for these souls today, or throughout the month, you might consider the chaplet below:

For the Souls in Purgatory

The first Tuesday is dedicated to the souls in purgatory to send them suffrages and to avoid purgatory ourselves.

1. Lord, my Creator and Redeemer, I believe that in your justice you established purgatory for those souls who pass into eternity before having totally paid their debts of sin or punishment. I also believe that in your mercy you accept suffrages, particularly the holy sacrifice of the Mass for their relief and liberation. Stir up my faith and infuse in my heart sentiments of pity toward these dear suffering brothers and sisters.

~Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them...

2. Lord, Jesus Christ, King of glory, through the intercession of Mary and all the saints, free the souls of the faithful departed from the punishments of purgatory. And through the intercession of St. Michael, standard-bearer of the heavenly army, guide them to the holy light promised to Abraham and to his descendants. I offer you, Lord, sacrifices and prayers of praise. Accept them for these souls and admit them to eternal joy.

~Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them...
3. Jesus, good Master, I plead with you on behalf of the souls toward whom I have a greater debt of gratitude, justice, charity and family bonds: parents, benefactors, brothers and sisters of the Pauline Family and relatives. I recommend to you those who had greater responsibilities on earth: priests, religious, civil authorities, superiors. I plead with you also for forgotten souls, and for those who were more devoted to the Divine Master, to Mary, Queen of Apostles, and to St. Paul the Apostle. Lord, deign to admit them soon into eternal happiness.

~Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them...

4. Jesus, divine Master, I thank you for having come down from heaven to free us from so many evils by your teaching, holiness, and death. I plead with you on behalf of the souls who are in purgatory because of the press, motion pictures, radio and television. I have confidence that these souls, once freed from their sufferings and admitted into eternal joy, will supplicate you on behalf of the modern world, so that the many means you have granted us for elevating this earthly life may also be used as a means of apostolate and life everlasting.

~Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them...

5. Merciful Jesus, by your sorrowful passion and by that love which you have for me, I beg you to cancel the punishments which I deserve in this life or in the next because of my many sins. Grant me, Lord, a spirit of penance, purity of conscience, hatred for every deliberate venial sin, and the dispositions necessary to gain indulgences. I resolve to help the holy souls in purgatory with suffrages as much as I can. And you, infinite Goodness, infuse into my soul ever greater fervor, so that when my soul is separated from the bonds of my body, it may be admitted into heaven to contemplate you forever.

~Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them...

If you are a little pressed time, here is a shorter prayer you might like to say:


An Heroic Act of Love

My God, for your greater glory,in union with the merits of Jesus and Mary, I offer and surrender the satisfactory value of all the good I will do, and all the suffrages I will receive after my death for the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Dispose of everything according to Your divine will.


No comments: