St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Scriptures to Pray Four Our National Election




As you know, the national elections are coming up in the United States in about 40 days.  40 days! Wow!  If  you are like many people who would like to see our nation under new leadership, or would just like our beloved country to have the best leadership possible, you might want to consider joining together with people of all denominations for a 40 days of prayer.  It started yesterday, but there is still plenty of praying to be done.  What I'd like to do, is to share with you every couple of days until the election, a scripture verse to be used for prayer and meditation for the welfare of our country and the conversion or replacement of our leaders with those who will listen to the voices of the people and of God.  Here is the description I received regarding initiative as well as the first scripture verse. You can pray/meditate on one or more each day, however you choose (based on how I post them. :o)  )

God bless and thank you.


Scriptures To Pray For Our National Election
It is critical that Christians pray for the coming presidential election. There is amazing power in united prayer. Pray with others whenever possible. The power of prayer can overcome any obstacle or ungodly influence and, indeed, do great things!

II Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, will heal their land. 

No comments: