St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Heroic Act of Love


Father Tom Fogarty was the superior of the Holy Family Institute in the USA when I came into the Holy Family Institute and he oversaw my formation.  One of the things he instilled in me before he passed away, was a great love and concern for those who died unexpectedly and unprepared and for the Poor Souls in Purgatory.  I pray for both every day, but I thought I’d share a special Pauline prayer for the Souls in Purgatory that would be a wonderful way to help our dearly departed loved ones, including Father Tom, and all the faithful departed, during this month dedicated to the Souls in Purgatory (and at any other time). May God bless you for all you do for them, this month and always.

Heroic Act of Love

My God, for Your greater glory
in union with the merits of Jesus
and Mary, I offer and surrender
the satisfactory value of all the good I will do
and all the suffrages I will receive after my death,
for the Holy Souls in Purgatory.
Dispose of everything according to Your Divine
Will.

~From the Prayers of the Pauline Family, p. 142

Eternal Rest, Father Tom

No comments: