St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Devil's Brew???


I'm not, and never have been a big fan of coffee (I'm a tea drinker.), but this little bit of humor, courtesy of the Catholic
Company and it's new coffee line, made me smile on this gray and snowy/slushy day.  I thought I'd share. :)


Did you know that Catholics
have a long history with coffee? 


It doesn't go all the way back to St. Joseph, 
but it does go back hundreds of years. 

It was called "the devil's brew" until 
Pope Clement VIII declared 
in the 16th century...

"This devil's drink is delicious.
We should cheat the devil
by baptising it."
After he gave it his blessing, coffee 
became a popular drink for many to enjoy. 

No comments: