St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beginning the Day at the Master's Feet



I was reading my most recent copy of the Pauline Cooperator and came across a wonderful article about praying with Sacred Scripture (or other appropriate text, such as the lives of the saints). I have always wanted to better understand this, so I was very excited to see it. The article can be found in its entirety in the 2010 Pauline Cooperator Magazine, Vol X, No. 2. The article is titled: The Visit: A Journey of Prayer and can be found on pp. 19-23. I'm going to post the Pauline Method of praying in this manner below. I hope many will find it helpful.


1. Reading (Truth)

What does the text say?

Read the text slowly, attentively; then re-read it, pausing on certain phrases, seeking to deepen our understanding of it.

2. Meditation (Way)

What does the text say to me?

I ponder the text, trying to assimilate it. I look at my life through the perspective of the text, and I make practical applications to my life.

3. Prayer (Life)

What does the text lead me to say to God?

I make acts of adoration, thanksgiving and petition.





No comments: