St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Heavenly Bread: Day 5



                                                      



Heavenly Bread
Day 5



The Lord is the heavenly Bread which satisfies the soul. Blessed is the soul that readies itself to sit at the eternal banquet! “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied” (Matthew 5:6).
Blessed James Alberione

Wonder:
Why did you, O Lord, give yourself to us
as food?


Deepen:
From the Scriptures:
The True Bread from Heaven
John 6:32-40

Decide:
In receiving
you, O Bread of Life, I find my strength.


O Jesus, I thank you for the great gift of
giving yourself to me in Holy Communion.
May I know you more and more
hidden God!
Grant me the grace to visit you often
in this sacrament
and to long for the heavenly homeland
where I will be with you
for all eternity. Amen


© Daughters of St. Paul. All Rights Reserved.


No comments: