St. John's Adoration Chapel

St. John's Adoration Chapel
"Do Not Fear: I am with you. From here I will cast light Be sorry for sin."

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Longing for Heaven



Longing for Heaven

Day 1
Seeing Christ ascending into heaven, the Apostles felt something similar to what we feel at times when we reflect on the heaven that awaits us and on the earth on which we now move. We feel a desire to follow Christ at once on his heavenward ascent, to rise with him into the heavenly regions. The angels have to shake us out of this sweet contemplation and remind us that heaven has to be earned.
~ Blessed James Alberione
Wonder:
What would heaven be like?
Deepen:
Read in the Scriptures:
Suffering compared to future glory
Romans 8: 17-18
Decide:
Remember the thought of heaven when things are tough.

O Lord, may my mind be uplifted to heavenly things; 
may my heart love God 
more and more; 
may I avoid every evil occasion.
Hold me close to you, 
so that I may keep a watch 
on my internal and external senses 
and on earth remember
the future glory you 
promised to us.
Amen.

© Daughters of St. Paul. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: